What is PE and Sport Premium Funding?
The government provided additional funding of £150 million per annum for the academic years 2013 to 2016 to improve the provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. Indicators suggest that by 2014, 30% of children leaving primary school will be obese. The funding has been provided to promote and encourage children to participate in a range of physical activity both in and out of school in order to prevent these concerning statistics coming to fruition. PE and Sport Premium funding has been provided jointly by the Department for Education, the Department for Health and Culture and the Department for Media and Sport. It has been allocated to primary school Headteachers and is ring-fenced to be spent on the provision of PE and sport in schools.
Primary PE and Sport Premium is an initiative that aims to help increase and improve the PE and sporting opportunities for children. It was first provided in the 2013/14 academic year and the current government has pledged to continue this funding until 2020.
To receive your FREE taster session please contact us at email@example.com.
Ultimate Coaching provide partner schools with teaching packs that include the following;
- School specific syllabus and scheme of work
- Indoor and outdoor risk assessments
- Termly planning which illustrate clear objectives for each year group
- Fun, interactive classroom activities (inclement weather)
- Non participation tasks (help reduce non participation)
- Evaluation and assessment sheets
We are able to deliver a comprehensive sports curriculum which is specific to the needs of Key Stage 1 and 2, whilst embracing the fundamental requirements.
- Our coaches ensure that all children are actively engaged and challenged within lessons.
- Our syllabus will illustrate the key learning objectives through KS1 and KS 2 and improve the quality of technique and children’s ability to link movements
- Key Stage 1: The structured programmes will provide a transition from Year 1 ‘foundation’ to the sport specific requirements at Year 2
- Key Stage 2: Our syllabus will enable children to progress from the early sport fundamentals, to develop a wider understanding and appreciation of games, rules, performance, and competing.
- We believe in a ‘Sport for All’ ethos which will develop the confidence and technical ability of every child.
- We understand that sports opportunities at Primary level are an integral component to the future growth of children in sport, and the impact that sport can have during maturation.
We can tailor to ensure that both the schools objectives and expectations at KS1 & KS2 are met with confidence, which will give you added peace of mind to concentrate on the many other demands and duties.
Full day and half day programmes available from September 2018 onwards.
We believe the delivery needs to meet the expectations of your school, and the philosophy to embrace the standards set by schools individually. This includes behaviour management, coupled with high quality delivery.