Vision and Philosophy
Ultimate Coaching – Objective
- Provide range of experiences for children and youths aged 5 – 15 years
- Provide children with holistic experiences
- Improve children’s understanding of their chosen sport (Game/Principles/laws)
- Improve physicality /athleticism
- Develop children/youths socially
- Develop creativity
- Create environments that suit the enjoyment and learning experience of each individual
- Create a pathway for children to progress
- Develop coaches
- Educate parents
Broken down, our overarching objective is to provide a range of experiences for children and youths aged 5 – 15. Through a number of different mediums, we aim to improve children’s understanding of their chosen sport along with their physicality, athleticism, social skills and development as individuals. We believe that children thrive in enjoyable, creative and well-structured environments, and feel that our experienced coaching staff are the best placed individuals to deliver these environments.
Whilst we recognise the ongoing pressures being placed on education, we believe schools should never lose sight of the importance of professional coaching – and we are confident that Ultimate Coaching make these flexible opportunities for both schools and children affordable and sustainable. By working closely with schools and grassroots clubs, we also aim to develop coaches and parents in order to equip them to contribute to the future of sports in the country and create a solid pathway for children to progress and succeed.
We have an ongoing vision to develop enrichment for children and young adults, whilst developing stronger links in the community through our school and club relationships. Our continued work with grassroots sports and local schools is the key to this vision, and a major part of developing these environments is building on and contributing to the ongoing legacy of significant occasions such as the football World Cup and recent Olympic games. An inspired generation is a fantastic foundation upon which to build for the future – a future that we are driven to deliver and contribute to.
Ultimate Coaching – Philosophy
- Create environments and pathways for the Intermediate and Advanced performers
- Improve children’s knowledge and technique using principles of ‘games’
- Develop understanding of space and time within team sport
- Encourage children to make decisions
- Create environments for children to respect each other
- Maintain a balance of fun technical games and competitions
- Maintain fun, friendly environment
- Use different methods of coaching and intervention techniques
- Develop principals of invasion games (how to attack and defend)
- Reflect on players / sessions / games/ performance
- Understanding specific ages of development (physically / cognitively)
- Promote continuity
- Make sessions realistic, relevant and creative
In order to support and follow through on our objectives, we are dedicated to ensuring that the environments and pathways for all learners are in place and embedded. We believe that to improve technical and practical knowledge of sports, develop and understanding of space and time within team sport and encourage children to make key decisions the environment must be just right. This involves a high level of support, the embedding of principles of games and demonstrations of the importance of respect.
In order to get the best out of children in sport, we feel it is vital that there is heathy balance between fun games and technical testing and learnings. Maintaining a fun and friendly environment encourages confidence in children, allowing them to be in control of their own development as participants, decision makers and as individuals outside of sport. Alongside the friendly balance, there should also be periods of intervention and reflection, allowing children to build on the foundations that have already been laid. Making sessions realistic and relevant also makes it easier for children to see progress and relate to the skills being taught.